Rabbit Vet Offering Emergency Medical Care in Fresno
Rabbits are cheerful animals that provide hours of affection while cuddling with their owners. While not as common as dogs or cats, it is estimated that there are millions of bunnies living as pets in the United States. If you live in one of the Fresno homes that enjoys the presence of a bunny, it’s important to get rabbit medical care whenever illnesses or other ailments present themselves. If you have a concern about your animal’s health, the Fresno Pet ER is ready to answer questions and provide treatment at any hour.
Helping Treat Pasteurella, Sore Hocks, Ear Mites & More
A rabbit can present medical issues that are different from any other type of pet, so it’s important that you work with a veterinarian who specializes in treating this breed of animal. Keep an eye out for these conditions, and you’ll be doing your part to keep your furry friend healthy:
- Pasteurella is a respiratory illness that causes nasal discharge.
- Sore hocks are foot infections that come from prolonged contact with cage floors.
- Ear mites are an infestation of parasites that cause itching in the ears.
- Gastrointestinal stasis is a slowdown of the digestive system that can be prevented by a healthy diet.
- Heatstroke is the result of overexposure to the sun and heat during the summer.
Bring Your Pets in From Sanger & Clovis
If your rabbit is in need of emergency medical care in Clovis or Sanger, contact the Fresno Pet ER for treatment or simply come in with your animal. Our experienced veterinarians are standing by to answer any of your questions and provide relief for your pet’s pain and other discomfort. Call us today at 559-437-3766 to learn about our Fresno bird vet services or find out why we’re “where state of the art meets state of the heart.”